VU students and employees
A student card for VU students and an employee card for VU employees ensure access to the Library services without any additional registration.
An International Students Card (ISIC) is not valid in the Library. VU students must obtain Lithuanian Student Identity Card (LSIC).
All citizens aged 16 or over can become registered users of the Library.
- issues personalized user card;
- is valid for 3 or 12 months, electively;
- let users to use the Library computers, wireless internet, and special software;
- allows entrance to both, the Central Library (Universiteto str. 3) and the Scholarly Communication and Information Centre (Saulėtekio ave. 5);
- gives access to the Library’s printed and electronic resources, allows borrowing of fiction;
- gives an opportunity to use the Library spaces;
- registration can be extended;
- Extended registration does not imply issuing a new user card. Users have to pay only for the extended registration.
For more information on Library services consult the staff at the information desks. You can register at the Information Desk (Central Library) or the Information Desk (Scholarly Communication and Information Centre).
You will need to present your ID card for the registration.
VU Library user card production and registration fee:
|General price||Price for disabled||Alumni* Scholars/researchers **||Price for pensioners||Price for school-children|
|Production of the user card||4,50 €|
|Registration valid for 3 months. User card production+registration fee||7,60 €||1,50 €||4,50 €||5,30 €||6,00 €|
|Registration valid for 12 months. User card production+registration fee||17,00 €||3,40 €||4,50 €||11,90 €||13,60 €|
|3-month extension of the registration period||3,20 €||0,60 €||0,00 €||2,20 €||2,50 €|
|12-month extension of the registration period||12,60 €||2,50 €||0,00 €||8,80 €||10,00 €|
*VU alumni are registered for free upon providing the documents verifying their graduation from Vilnius University and valid registration in Vilnius University alumni network.
**Scientists/researchers (non-members of VU community) that use Library resources for the purposes of research or studies and provide the proper documentation that verifies this (employee card, letter of confirmation from the institution represented, documents that confirm the academic/professional degree) can have their registration and renewals for free during the period set before the registration (e.g. period of research or thesis).