Entry to Vilnius University Library (Central Library, Scholarly Communication and Information Centre, faculties’ reading rooms) is not possible.
During the quarantine period fines for overdue items will not be incurred, therefore users can keep borrowed books.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at (queries will be responded to on working days from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.).
Aiming to ensure safe and steady study process during the quarantine, Vilnius University Library has launched non-contact book borrowing service only for members of VU academic community (students, professors, researchers).
Search for books in Virtual Library
To place a request for a book:
- Indicate the book’s title and author;
- Indicate the book’s storage area (storage area and call number of the book are indicated in the Virtual Library next to the book title, for instance: Economics Reading Room (330.1/Ma516)).
- You can borrow up to 5 books at a time
- Send your request via e-mail at . Please indicate your student card number in your e-mail as well.
To take out requested books:
- You can come to take requested books only when you have received a message from VU Library about the completion of your request. Please observe the time indicated in the message, as that will ensure a safe flow of users.
- The requested books will be kept in the place that will be indicated in the message. Places where requested books will be kept: Central Library, SCIC and faculties’ reading rooms.
Check for updates on VU Library website biblioteka.vu.lt